Compliance Officer – US Activities
Da Vinci is a unique proprietary trading firm, focussing on volatility trading, arbitrage and market making across major exchanges worldwide. We identify opportunities and trade based on in-house developed strategies, and we provide liquidity and efficiency to the markets.
Our philosophy towards work is best captured by the saying “Be good, work hard and great things will happen”. We are meritocratic by nature and believe that empowering talent in our organization is the only way forward. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are constantly looking for smart, talented and passionate people to strengthen our team and support our growth plans.
As compliance officer supporting Da Vinci’s activities in the United States, you will work in a team of professionals in an organisation with high standards for risk and compliance.
- Laws and regulations: Advise on compliance with the regulatory legislation applicable to Da Vinci’s trading activities in the United States
- Policy framework: Establish, update, monitor and report on the compliance of company policies by business functions and by individual employees and ensure that effective processes are in place to effectuate these tasks
- Compliance monitoring: Daily monitoring of trading activities in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and setting up and applying compliance monitoring programs
- Compliance training: Setting up and ensuring proper training of employees in the relevant areas of compliance
- Experience working in a compliance function in a regulated financial services firm in the United States or otherwise in advising US based clients on US financial markets regulatory matters for at least 3 years
- Affinity with trading in financial instruments or broker-dealer business from a compliance perspective
- Solid understanding of the regulatory legislation applying to financial markets in the United States in general and financial services firms in particular
- Experience with compliance monitoring ranging between daily monitoring of activities to preparing compliance monitoring plans
- Experience in preparing annual compliance plans and is familiar with control frameworks and 3 Lines of Defence methodology
- Familiarity with the US financial sector regulatory policies such as anti-money laundering and know-your-customer programs, sanctions screening, etc.
- Familiarity with common company policies such as conflicts of interest, data confidentiality, etc.
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a successful and fast-growing young company
- The chance to grow the business in the US in a prudent and compliant manner
- A very exciting and dynamic work environment
- The freedom to come up with great ideas and the space to push these to completion
- Excellent base package and bonus
- Opportunity to work remotely from the US
- For people coming from abroad who relocate to Amsterdam, we provide a relocation package and expat service
- Meals during work hours
- Reimbursement of travel costs
- Sponsored gym membership
- Inhouse game room (pool table, board games and console games)
What should you do now:
If you think you are ready for the challenge, you have an entrepreneurial mind and you wish to build on a great future with Da Vinci, please upload your CV and motivation letter using the below button.