In trading, things move fast, every day is different from the one before and the energizing atmosphere of the floor is contagious for everyone at the office. Ours is a high performance-high reward environment where the goal is to be the best in everything we do. We work hard to bring on board the most talented people out there and to continuously optimize our processes. For this reason, we are looking for talented people who are willing to go the extra mile and can help us stay one step ahead of everyone else. At Da Vinci, you will find endless opportunities to grow professionally, learn something new every day and make a tangible contribution to the success of the business.
We are looking for a mid-level Controller to strengthen our Finance & Reporting team. This team plays a pivotal role in facilitating key processes at Da Vinci and providing reliable and timely management information. It is responsible for accounting, controlling and (regulatory) reporting. Our Finance colleagues work closely together with the business and their valuable input and analysis support important decision-making by Da Vinci’s management.
Are you an enthusiastic (Financial) Controller looking at making the next step in your career? Do you have high quality standards and like to get things done the right way? Does an international and dynamic environment (such as financial markets) fit your personality? If the answer is yes, this is the job for you!
- Taking full part in month-end closings, tax- & management reporting, and annual accounts
- Daily reconciliation of clearing accounts and trading positions
- Assisting in composing and submitting periodic reports to the regulators
- Following internal and external developments in accounting policies and regulatory requirements
- Handling accounts payable with an hands-on approach
- Assisting in implementation of control procedures and key controls to confirm quality of financial accounts
- Playing an active role in response to ad-hoc questions from internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining a solid control framework to ensure the integrity of Da Vinci’s financial and regulatory reports
- Participating in company-wide projects and proposing solutions
- Using analytics tools to enhance Finance and Regulatory Reporting processes
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a Finance and/or Control environment
- Experience in preparing and understanding full sets of financial accounts
- Knowledge of IFRS/Local GAAP accounting standards
- Knowledge of Regulatory Reporting is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High personal working standards (organized, committed, accurate, responsive, diligent)
- Great spreadsheet skills and knowledge of accounting and reporting systems
- Strong data analysis and computer knowledge
- A dynamic and challenging position with high flexibility
- A very exciting and fun work environment with supportive colleagues
- Unique opportunity to join a successful company from the early stages and grow together professionally and financially
- Base annual salary of EUR 60K to 80K depending on experience plus excellent variable pay
- Meals during work hours and Friday night drinks
- Reimbursement of travel costs and sponsored gym membership
- In-house lounge and game room (pool table, board games and consoles)
- Summer and Christmas parties and various activities throughout the year
Da Vinci is a unique proprietary trading firm, focusing on volatility trading, arbitrage and market making across major exchanges worldwide. We identify opportunities in financial derivatives with short-medium term strategies focused on volatility and provide liquidity to the markets, thus, making them more efficient and increasing transparency for end investors.
We are defined by innovation and collaboration. We are always open for new ideas and we foster a supportive environment where the success of one is the success of all. What drives us is passion for what we do and wanting to be one of the best prop trading houses in the world. Our philosophy towards work is best captured by “Be good, work hard and great things will happen”. We are meritocratic by nature and believe that empowering talent in our organization is the only way to achieve our ambitious goals.